Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

There and Back Again

It's here again, summer. Yes, I know we've all been there before, and it's back again. But it has also come along with its buddy, summer boredom. Next week will hopefully not be so boring, as the explosion of martial arts (and hopefully all those books I want too) will liven it up. But now, and until next week, I and friends shall be bored. My computer is acting excrutiatingly slow at this moment, so because of the fear of never being able to get back, I will just stay here and post some thoughts, I have many. Yes, I already posted today, and at first I thought I should only post once, but I have lots of things going through my head that I need to write down. The first of which being the paragraphs, apparently they won't let you indent, so I'll just have to skip spaces, yes it will take up more space, but oh well. I know some other blog's pages are already as long as mine, but with more posts, well mine will be even LONGER with LONGER posts, especially skipping a line for a new paragraph.

Well, I still indent, but it doesn't show up. Oh well, It's still a good habit I guess. Anyway, I was wondering if my little domain called Shogun's Fortress will ever be great. If people will ever say on some forum or another, "oh yeah, Musashi posted something about that on his blog" and people will know what that person is talking about. But how will I get there? Do I just post it on random message boards? *is flamed* um, no, I'd be eaten alive for posting garbage. Or maybe fate has something to do with it? Maybe someone will get bored, and click on some random blog that will be mine because he/she doesn't know what a shogun is. He/she might be so bored that they even start at the first post (as after this it will only be three). So fate might have a hand in it. But does fate even exist?

I'm Christian, at least from a Christian family, and just got out of a Catholic school, where we learn all about God. And they say that fate doesn't really exist, that God gives us free will. Okay, so fate is non-existant, right? No, because God has a plan, meaning he knows how it'll work out, meaning that he knows you're going to have to choose between cheese and peperoni, and he knows you are going to choose peperoni. But wait, he never takes away free will, so you could always choose cheese, and break fate. But WAIT! He knows you're going to do that, thus you are still under the command of fate.

But sometimes, I wonder if there is a God. OH NO, I'm a Christian that is questioning the existance of God? I'm going to hell... well we already knew that, and if you didn't, now you do. But, how can you NOT question the existance of God? You never actually see Him, so let's think about it. I wouldn't want to disobey my dad because I know he won't like that, besides, I see him every day, he's my father, I don't want to disappoint him. But, I don't really see God everyday, I pray, but do I actually HEAR Him reply? I haven't.

And I know there's someone out there who is just now leaving my blog, saying that I'm some pagan dude, who just doesn't care about God. Well, I know someone who questions God, I know several people, sometimes it's just something to do in this summer boredom (that and go to the pool), but sometimes it's a serious discussion. But he's a good person. While I'm on the topic of "being basically a good person", let me tell you about this book.

While I was at that particular Catholic School, we were reading a book, We're on a Mission From God, and it was saying stuff about if you don't go to church every Sunday, and pray every day, morning and night, then you aren't good enough to get into heaven. So I say to myself, "well, I'm basically a good person." Then do you know what the book turns around and says? I'll give you some time to figure it out................ the book says, "and if you think you're 'basically a good person', it's STILL not good enough, you can't just be 'basically a good person' to please God." So I guess for myself and my non-Christian friend, it's hopeless. And hopeless for many others. Seems kind of, mean, doesn't it? Hopeless, pointless.

Pointlessness, what IS pointless? I met somebody, and he was having an argument with another person, let's call them Jon (first person) and Bob (second person). Jon said that severything was pointless. One the things he said was "in fifty years, or one hundred, will people remember Julius Caesar?". Well, the average person won't, and the average go-to-public-school-but-still-won't-do-homework-or-study guy won't, and they don't know. I didn't, before going to that school, the only Caesar I knew of was the salad, but I learned. So, after saying the average person won't, he moved on to discuss how all of his achievements were pointless. Well, let's stop and take a look at that.

He conquered the Gauls, expanding the Roman empire, he went around the Mediterranian many many times, strengthened the empire, and if it weren't for him, Egypt might not have became part of the empire like it did. If he wasn't murdered who knows what might have happened? And the Roman empire influenced every area it was in, it even influenced the language I write at this moment, English. People might not REMEMBER him, but they'll use a language that he helped to make, as butchered as it might get.

So, after a long argument between Jon and Bob, someone that I'll call Susan comes in, and she has something to say about this issue. Now, let's give some background on this Susan character. At the beginning of the year, she was pretty cool. She was into anime, especially Rurouni Kenshin, and anyone into anime must be somewhat good, as most people just see it as some other kid cartoons. So, she was kinda like me when it came to religion, but then, we went on winter break. When she came back, I was standing next to her, and something was different, I couldn't put my finger on it. Then, I saw her during mass. She was GROVELING ON THE FLOOR BEGGING FOR MERCY IN PRAYER. I was just blown away. She was never like that before, and others noticed it too.

Well, anwyay, she comes into this discussion about pointlessness, and says, "look, guys, when I went to middle and high school before this, I was such a bad sinner. I did just about everything, but I won't tell you too much about that because I'm not too proud of it, and then, something happend to me. I came to this school, and was introduced to God, and He turned my life around. I'm just so happy that I found God." So Susan walked away, and there was an odd silence. In what way did that pertain to the discussion at hand? It didn't, some people are just passionate about God so much, well, they just get passionate about God. So the conversation ended, and when it got a bit too violent, I left.

So, I go to the other side of school (small school) only to meet the new headmaster. I'm talking to him, an I'm joking around, and say I'm a genius. He comes up to me, and lectures me about the difference between being smart and being a genius. So, in reality, he said that by saying your a genius, you are saying you've done no work yourself, but a product of your genes. I tell him that in a way it's kind of humble if you look at it that way, and he says yes. So I joke around by saying that to everything two or three times. Then he tells me that humbleness alone won't get me into heaven... Another passionate Catholic for you.

Well, I'm out of that school, writing here, in this blog on my slow computer, and I think I'm out of stuff to say, so I better post this before my computer crashes and I have to write it over again.

1 Comments:

  • At June 8, 2004 at 8:08 PM, Blogger JustAGuy said…

    You mean I actually have to SET it for people to make anonymous comments? Geeze, I'm sorry. I'll have to set it for that whenever I get the chance. Good quote though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home