Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Japanese Class

Or... nihongo no kurasu was... um.... hard. Lemme just say that the stuff people are saying in there is WAY BEYOND MY CURRENT LEVEL but the worksheets we get are about right. Then again, the best way to learn is to dive off the deep end and absorb it by the simple questions, "something wa eigo de nan desu ka?" That one question can get you a long way. Not to mention that the type of grammar being taught/used is much different. Over the past year, I have been learning simple simple simple types of grammar. It's like... stuff that 1st graders laugh at you if that's all you know how to say. The stuff I am having to speak now is... middle school level. It just reminds me of the time when the Japanese students came to Enloe last school year. It was about halfway through, and they came over, and naturally we got a chance to talk to them, in Japanese as they were just middle school level. Well... back then, we new less than half the curriculum, which at that time would have put us a long way away from the speaking level of middle school... but yet, we still were talking. They were probably thinking, "wow... they can't speak Japanese at all." Because two weeks ago, at my Japanese class, where we were learning to speak at the middle school level, there were two Japanese people there... laughing at us... oh, the humiliation.... so in short, we were dumb, and I'm less dumb now, but still dumb.

Yeah, that was rambling. But anyway, I am muddling through Japanese, I'm going to start kung fu next week, my summer work out program, um... something else, oh yeah, video games, and Japanese. There was something I wanted to say... but I'm too busy talking to Richard right now... what a crazy guy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home