Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Time... and an Unintentional Explanation of a Lot of Things

This is really a pointless post. There was something I really wanted to talk about, but I forgot it, and the funny thing is I always remember at night, before I go to sleep, that's when I start thinking about stuff... But anyway.

Time is a funny thing. On Wednesday of last week (the day before final exams started) I kept saying to myself, "this time next week, it will be summer, just one more week." The days went by, and now it's Monday, and tomorrow is the last day of my (second) freshman year. Yeah, I really should explain that.... okay, last year, when I was an 8th grader, I was looking for a school. Then, my mom heard about my older cousin's school, a small Roman Catholic High School. It only had like, 25 people there, and needed more for tuition. Mom, looking out for her godchild (my cousin) as she was, she enrolled me there, but made a deal with the principle. I'd go there, but not as a 9th grader, so next year (this year) I would be a 9th grader, so I'd be at the school for 4 years, but be taking more advanced classes. That way, I wouldn't have to compete for schools and jobs with people who were a year older than me, or at least that's how mom put it. So anyway, last year I took Algebra I, Biology, Latin I, all that stuff. So this year, the only class I really had to take again was Biology, which sucked... but that's a different story.

So that's the reason for the 2nd freshman year, except Enloe is MUCH bigger than last year, but whatever. Last year I got a whole lot of self confidence, so this year I was just being myself, met some great people, and had a good time.

So anyway, yeah, time is wierd. I go back to when I was a kid, then I go foward and realize how much I have to go. I begin to see the different paths in life, the paths that I can walk. The seemingly never ending decisions that must be made, each one important, building on the last, and making me, me.... okay, that was cheesy and stupid.... but that's who I am, so screw you! I'm keeping it.... yeah, that was stupid and pointless too... maybe I should just.... stop....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home