Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I Want to Walk, not Run

My first day of school... one word: damn. I woke up at 5:15 in the morning, to catch the bus which was supposed to arrive at 6:08. Well it didn't show up, so mom went to check another stop, nobody was there. Then she called the people who were in charge of the busses and stuff, they said another 20 minutes, this all happened at about 6:30. While I was waiting, I kept on thinking it was 7:30, then I remembered it was an hour earlier. So the bus finally came, and I finally got to Enloe for my first day.

I went to the back of the school for my homeroom, it was supposed to last 20 minutes, with about 35 minute classes I guess. Well as it turned out, one teacher's room got flooded. Water collected on the roof, then the roof caved in. So we ended up hanging around in homeroom for about an hour, with only 20 minute classes. Good thing, right? Well, they let us out, and I walked briskly to get to geometry early. The teacher was cool, and he just briefly went over how the class is run, and a small summary of the class.

Class was dismissed, and I went to chemistry. The halls were SO CROWDED. People were literally shoulder to shoulder. I could barely do more than just put one foot in front of the other. So get to the room, and I sit down. Then a bunch of people come in right after me, they're all juniors, and one senior. I'm the only freshman. So we sit down and class starts, the teacher tells us to write some stuff on the board down. Then she explains what it is. We have a quiz Friday on lab safety and.... a quiz on half of the periodic table. That's today, tomorrow, and thursday to study. Man, I could already tell that she's one of those teachers who are super hard, and don't care whether or not you pass or fail, they just teach.

Okay, time for the run... gotta get to gym, other side of the campus. I slowly walk through the halls because of the crowds to hit the doors. I burst out of them, to find my theory is right: there are lots of people taking this back way. So I job a bit down the hill, then walk briskly along the path, then up some steps, around the building, run to the back door, run down the hall, going to get to gym... damn! the bells rings, and I'm not more than six feet from the door. One coach starts telling people "you're late, hurry up!" um... ya, guy, didn't you see me RUNNING DOWN THE HALL???!!! So, gym is usual, pass around the papers, intro, roll, then he tells us the class room part is out in a pod, an even further distance to run. Then lets us talk. I just talk to some people near me, where I'm from, blah blah blah.... bell rings, time to run.

This time, I tear out of the building, run around the building, run down the path, then job up the long slope behind the building, then walk to the back door, then carefully navigate through the halls to debate. By now, I am all sweaty -_- man, this whole operation sucks. If there was ONE thing I could change, it'd be this gym thing, because it sucks, big time. So he passes out another form thing for us to fill out, blah blah blah, okay, class over, time for the best part of the day, the reason I'm going to Enloe in the first place: Japanese. I hurry along the halls, fast as I could, to Japanese. I get there, and there's a seating arangement on a projector -_- shit, I'm in the back. So SHE passes out forms as well, only since her first language is Japanese, whenever she thinks outloud to herself, like, "where'd I put those papers?" it's in Japanese, which is pretty neat. So,, after going over some basic commands, and how to start of class (stand up, rei, sit down), it's time for lunch.

I heard you can eat on the breezeway, but I'm not sure (it's a path between the two buildings) so I just start walking. Eventually I found a spot, sat down, ate, then waited around... for a long time. Eventually I decided to go around the front, because it was nearer to my next class, C&C (a special class for both English and Social Studies). So I get there, more forms, more policies, and a book list. I gotta read chapters 1-9 by Monday. Meh. I look at the list, and as I suspected mom would like the list when I showed her. Well, this next part of it (the social studies part) should have been in a certain room, but it wasn't, because that particular room... was flooded. So, it was located in none other than... the west building. Meh. Looks like I'm gonna have to RUN!!!! *pant pant* Okay, experience (from that day) taught me one lesson: STAY OUT OF THE BUILDING OR YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. You don't necessarily need to run, but at least get out so you can walk briskly. In any case, as I was walking outside, I saw a number of other C&C people doing the same thing, getting out of the building. So I got to the media center, blah blah blah... end of school, YAY!

I found mom, went to the car, picked up my sister, then she dropped us off at home, then picked up Erik. Okay, which brings me to there. As of now, my mood is fluxuating about this whole Enloe thing. I'm very pessimistic one minute, then very optimistic the next. I don't really want all of these advanced classes, I think these unique classes help affect my schedule. I don't have the same people in any of my classes, and no time in between classes to talk to anybody. Thus, the equasion

No friends in class + no time out of class = no friends

Uh huh... so, I think my new motto is going to be, "Uh oh, looks like I'm gonna have to run!" Inspired by Strongbad in Dangeresque 2 and 3 (haven't found one yet).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home