Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Disappointments

Thirty posts... w00... Well, I just got finished talking to an "aquaintance" of mine. I wrote him an e-mail about iaido, and then he IM me, and we talk every so often. Well, you know the people who left the kendo club at the nearby dojo? Well, he was one of those people. And like me, seeks more tradition in his martial arts. A way to better himself through physical exercise, something that I *try* to do, despite all the things... hampering my progress.

Well, he told me that the kendo instruction wasn't up to par, and just this moment he told me some of the details. Sufficed to say... I'm extremely disappointed. At first he told me it was a good starting point to learn kendo, though it could only take me so far... but after those details, I don't even want to start there. He told me some things about the instructor there, sounds... like it's not my type of dojo. My contact tells me that in his and others' opinions the dojo deviated from the original purpose of kendo. I said the same thing in the karate aspect. Mom keeps telling me "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" but she doesn't quite understand the martial arts philosophy, at least mine anyway. I don't want to have to go to some bad dojo, where the people have less experience, therefore the amount of learning will be less. I'm willing TO GO TO JAPAN EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T EVEN TAKEN THE LANGUAGE FOR A YEAR in order to lean. At least they can whack me if I do something wrong...

Well, I just don't know what I'm going to do. Mom said that we're probably going to move somewhere next summer. Don't like it here... again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home