Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Still Surprising Some People

I was in a car with a bunch of my friends yesterday on the way back to Raleigh from the Science Olympiad. During this ride we talking about lots and lots of things, just like the ride back, and one thing we got to was the size of the new school. Carr mentioned that now we can actually move around, and he can actually be late for class, because before all of our classes were in the same room. Well, I mentioned that at Wake Field middle my locker was on one side of the school, and all of my classes were at the complete opposite end. Tina all of a sudden said, "you went to wake field?" because Wake Field is one of the biggest public schools in NC, and probably the worst when it comes to the type of stuff that goes on there.
So I said, "yeah, why?"
She replied, "I never thought your mom would actually send you there." and it's true, if mom had known about all the stuff that went on there, she WOULDN'T have sent me there. The only problem was it was the best thing we could find, and I didn't want to stress her out over having to transfer. Almost everyone there was a loser, except for some, and I suppose some people just have a hard time thinking about how a guy like me could come out of that the way I did. I guess the only real answer to that is character, I just didn't follow the crowd like everyone else did, I didn't care what people thought. But I DID change a little bit, but my inner self quickly slapped my real self in the face and told me not to be a loser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home