Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Change 2

I just got my mom to change those settings, but I still have this Red background, not the color, but it says "Red" as a background for the internet... weird.

I'm talking again about change, last time I talked about involuntary and voluntary, now, a little bit more about "bad change". Bad change can be described as a form of involuntary change. One good example, is "following the crowd", you see others doing it, and thuse you adjust yourself unconsciously to doing it, your mind wanting to seem "cool". I have known many people who have done this throughout my life, and normally, it can throw off relationships and such.

How can you combat this? Well, generally, some people have felt it going away when they spend time alone with just themselves, like on a camping trip. If you don't really like football, but play it to seem "cool" (again, unconsciously), then, chances are on a week long camping trip with just you and maybe some close family, you'll start to ask yourself why you began football in the first place. This is the first step: realization.

Anytime you realize a problem, you try to fix it. Now, realization part can sometimes be very difficult, and sometimes it never even happens, but some are very very very fortunate that they DO realize it, and can save themselves.

Well, that's just about it for that kind, but, sometimes a "bad change" can be a blessing in disguise. Sometimes, you chnage so much, and it's bad, not only jusr forming yourself to fit your surroundings, like above, but bad change in general, your attitude towards things changes, such as schoolwork, for example. For several weeks, I just quit thinking about homework, but I realized my error, and quickly adjusted it. Others, aren't so able to change their mindsets. Sometimes this happens over a course of several years. Then, you may need a little "umph".

When this happens, you soon (if not, then eventually) that this is a very destructive form of change, so again, you must move to change this. These bad changes give you a glimpse of what you NEVER want to become, so in a way, you are now MOTIVATED to not do it ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home