Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Monday, June 14, 2004

Gasping for Air

I just got back... wow, I be honest, I can teach that class, 99 percent of the time I was making MYSELF do it, they didn't tell me to do all of those katas that I did, and when everyone else was going to get some water (like every three seconds) I'd still be doing katas.

However, when I was doing my kata, I atracted the attention of not just the instructor, but two girls and some older woman. Well, when I was practicing, I reached four conclusions of what those girls were thinking.
1) wow, he's good at kata
2) ugh, he's bad at kata
3) WHOA, he's hot
4) UGH, he ugly

Then again, a combination of above. Anyway, at home I like to totally beat up our huge sand-filled punching bag (at first it hurt, now I'm beating it in!), so I get there, and they want me to beat the crap out of their water-base ones. They were so light, but after the workout I had to put MYSELF through, I was so tired.

This was my first time back in three months, so the instructor paired me with some totally hot girl, and she wanted to know what I had questions about, and what I knew. I said, "I know a lot... lemme see here". So, she just said we go through katas. I just starting doing them, one after another after another, and after about three, she stopped to talk to her friend, who was the same age but with another student. Anyway, THAT'S when they start looking at me and forming opinions about me...

At the very end of karate class, they made someone lead the "cool down stretches", well, whenever I'm picked to do the cool down stretches, I'm going to make the class meditate, see how the crappy American dojo likes that! I wanted to meditate at the end so badly too.

That's it for karate, but on a much earlier note (like around 8:30 or so) I was beginning my Japanese test. I might post some of the questions (they're easy, even for me) in a later post, because since she's not professional or anything, the test was just handwritten and stuff, so I have the sheets. I knew just about everything, the only problem was... HIRAGANA!!! duh duh duh. I thought I knew the katakana, but she said some of them were wrong... and I have no idea why.

Went to go rent some movies, and I found... in the anime section... SPRIGGAN!!! Wow, I sure do like the "..." and suspense. Also went to Borders and bought Rurouni Kenshin vol. 5 (manga, I'd get DVDs, but they're too expensive, and I don't have cable or anything), along with a handy Japanese/English dictionary, MWAHAHA.

Well, I'm all cooled off now, so I think I'm going to get some ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home