Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

No Time to Post

Well, I haven't been able to get on for what? The past day and a half? That doesn't seem like a lot, but I've had tons of stuff happening to me. Friday afternoon, my sister got her first issue of NP (nintendo power) in her renewed subscription, along with that collection of Zelda games. The games are: Legend of Zelda (the first one I think), the Adventures of Link, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker demo, and a retrospect of all the games. I've been playing on my favorite, Majora's Mask, during my extra free time. For some reason, I just like that game more than any others. I think it's all the side quests, and the extra layer of realness that comes along. Just helping people out seems like you're fixing REAL problems and stuff.

Okay, so yesterday, dad and I went to the mall so he could buy some tools. Well on the way we stopped at Barnes&Noble and picked up.... A BOOK OF FIVE RINGS!!! It was originally by Miyamoto Musashi (the real one, not me) and translated by some western and eastern scholars for the Nihon Service Corporation. The book is.... wow. Amazing, the way he writes... you really have to hang on every word, like Musashi says.

Then later yesterday I went to Stoffer's party (short for ChriSTOPHER, which is what we started calling Christopher). Bunch of people were there, some of them were new people that are going to RLHS next year. It was pretty fun, sat around playing GCN, having some salsa, when all of a sudde, who comes in the door late, but... MIKE AND GREG! See, Mike and Greg started their own little two man band, and made a bunch of CD's, like Mike's CD, Mike's CD 1/2, Mike's CD 2, Mike's CD 2 1/2 and 2 1/3. Mostly some remakes (from their beginner's music book, lol) and several original ones. Their music isn't exactly perfect, but it's good once it gets rolling. Even Stoffer's dad started to play a little bit.

I should probably get those Triumvirate exam questions up on here, just for laughs. But I told Ben that we need to change the name to accomodate women, because "vir" in triumVIRate means "man" in latin, it basically means "three man alliance" so, we definately need to change then name.

Last night I dusted off my GBA (I usually play on my SP, but not as much room for hands) and played Fire Emblem, I kind of got motivated by A Book of Five Rings, and guess what... I beat the level I was stuck on. I just forgot about trying to level people up, and just went with what worked. Wow.

So now, I think I should go do some Japanese for my lesson tomorrow, and I might have a snack, I woke up at 11:30 today and only had some grahm crackers... hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home