Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Advent of My Aunt

I haven't really thought about posting that much, I've been reading The Book of Five Rings... I love it. And at first, his teachings seem useless to those who don't practice in the way of the sword, though many reviewers say you can use those teachings in other things. And after reading through a certain section a second time, I realize that you CAN apply it to other things. For example, sparring at a karate dojo. You are practicing, but then you have to sit out because there's an odd number of people. You see who you're fighting next, so do as Musashi says, and find out their fighting style. They like to use kicks to hit your head. So when it's your turn to fight that kicking person, do as Musashi says again, use the wide variety of techniques you have learned (he tells you to know all the strengths of your weapons, in this case, whatever you can use to block a kick) to block those kicks and strike back. Well, that's pretty obvious, but hey, sometimes it's right in front of your face but you don't realize it. Musashi has a way of saying things that make absolutely perfect sense, though you might not have realized them before.

Well, my aunt is coming to NC today, and we're going over to my grandpa's house to cookout, celebrate, blah blah blah, meet my aunt and her kids, blah blah blah, go to pool, blah blah blah come home and... CRAP study Japanese. Totally forgot! Arrrgg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home