Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Path to Spiritual Enlightenment

So I'm sitting here, Saturday night, with a giant headache... I mean, so huge that I can barely even think, probably due to lack of proper nutrition over the past couple of days. So what did I do? I went and had a couple tangerines, and now they smell like, well, tangerines. In any case, due to lack of anything better to do, I started thinking about random stuff again, and then I said, "well why don't you write down this stuff in the blog?"

What am I thinking about? Well for one thing my career, my future, stuff like that. I think that it would be neat to make a small business, and work my way up the levels and spread my control to various places, and get in some money... lots of money eventually. Sounds pretty good. Then I turn to sports. For some reason, I haven't really liked sports, I've never really liked teams. This may not always apply, but sometimes teams hold me back. Sometimes... in any case, there have been lots of people coming up to me and wanting me to get on the football team. Our football team sucks, and the JV (and probably V team) needs some bigger people. So some people on the JV team look at me, 6'2" wide shoulders, and think, "I bet we could knock down a lot of people with him..." Even my friends joke around about me plowing through masses of people in the hallway to get to class on a daily basis. But I've never really been a big sports fan, the least of which being football, as much as it might burn me later to say it. Well, I don't say it in public, I just shrug when people ask, "so you're gonna play football next year, right?" It's gonna be a long four years...

Then, I turn to something else. Martial arts. Now there are two ways I could go in this martial art: sports, and self betterment. Now I think often about the sports side... looking at most of the places around here, I see a lot of black belt kids and stuff walking around, I could probably get pretty far in some martial arts, it'd be good exercise, but it could get to where I started to really spar. Now my sparing could go competitive, I could get some trophies, nice big ones, then I could either become a badass action star, or just open my own little dojo, and stuff like that. Or I could go to self-betterment and real world applications. I think a lot about this. When I'm looking for martial arts, I don't think, "I want big trophies" I think "if somebody tried to hurt me, or somebody near me, I could stop them" I really do think about what would happen if say, I was on a date, and somebody tried to mug my girlfriend, and whether or not I'd be able to be like, "whatcha doin' fool?!" *asswhooptime* Okay, that may be exagerrating it a bit, but still, fun to think about. Anyway, I think I could go both ways, practicality, and then dojo.

Now, only one thing left: where do I find a dojo that teaches practical martial arts? heh, heh heh, ha, haha, hahahahaha, in this shithole where I live? No... so, what do I do? Well, I'm playing with the idea of doing some long distance learning thing, where you order DVD's, with instructions, then video tape yourself performing those lessons, they evaluate you, then promote you, whatever. But that would require a camera... and somebody to operate that camera... and somebody to throw the punch/kick/tackle/grab/whatever for me to procede to perform the technique. That... won't happen... soon... so what do I do? Wait... bide my time... until I can leave. Until then? General fitness... strength, endurance, flexiblity, and for fun, stealth. From gathering several books on the subject, I have learned that everywhere the ninjas went, they studied sound, where it came from, what you could do to prevent it. So that's what I've been doing... let's just say that I'm a lot quieter now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home