Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Nerd and Geek

This is something that I pondered over the course of the past year (that being my freshman year). It is similar in the way people discerned the difference between "newb" and "n00b".

I would pull out webster's dictionary and define each of these words... but I will not. And I'm too lazy (and my computer is too dumb) to get onto dictionary.com so... I won't look up either one. A nerd, as best I can describe is this: one who takes calculus AB/BC as a freshman, but who also skipped a grade so is younger than all the other freshmen, can sit through two period AP biology and enjoy it, even after taking biology, and so on and so forth. Nerds are also the people who found the tangent, sin, and co-sin of every angle to put into your calculator to help you on your geometry exam. Nerds are people who change the world.

Geeks, however, want you to think they ARE nerds, but are, in all actuality, failures. They have no life, and what I mean by that (as you could say nerds have no life) is they do nothing productive. They are people who fail in school, don't suceed in making friends beyond the internet, watch anime, play video games, surf the web and... well, not much else. Geeks are the people who... well... don't change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home