Odyssey

Everyone must take a great journey through life. This is a little bit of my own, my odyssey.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Sayonara, Freshman Backpack!

I'm taking a quit break from the tons of work I have to be doing to do a quick post. I meant to talk (more) about stuff like, religion, but I suppose I'll probably get around to it either tomorrow, or the weekend. Now, I just did a total reorganization of my well, organizational system to prevent me from being made fun of for my freshman backpack. Now you may think it's shallow, but I really was getting tired of hauling that thing around... So, here are two ways to rid yourself of your freshman backpack woes:

1) get a locker in the general vicinity of all of your classes so you can stop by it frequently.
2) use my organizational system.

Now, if you're lucky, you can do (1) Unfortunately, all of my classes are in the east building of my school, and my locker is on the far side of the west building... not a very good combination. And lots of other people have that problem too. On top of that, all the teachers (for honors) nearly expect you to be the best student and have a folder devoted to each of your wonderful classes. Well, in order to implement my system, you're gonna have to piss off those kinds of teachers. So, first, here's what I was hauling around in my giant packpack!

1x Japanese textbook (can't drop it off in locker)
2x 3 subject spiral notebook
1x those nifty little expanding files for multiple subjects, I'll call them "expandifolders)
1x Japanese binder
1x Geometry workbook

Wow... what a haul, as compared to now, which I'll get to later. Now, basically, for my grand system, all you need is that nifty little expandifolder. Yes, that's all you need, that, and some notebook paper. All you do is use the notebook paper for notes, and when you fill up a sheet, put it in the appropriate section. Also any papers can go in that same section or (if you've got a big expandifolder) you can have one section for notes, and one for random papers, for each subject. And that's basically it, now my backpack looks like:

1x expandifolder
1x Japanese textbook
1x Geometry workbook

Wow... what a light backpack. Of course, you'll probably need various other books (usually for English, novels I mean) pens, pencils, calculator, etc. Which can go into another pocket or just the bottom of the main pocket if you have one of those two pocket backpacks. Now, after a while that expandifolder could get pretty full. What do you do? You can have a medium/large sized binder which you keep at home with divider tabs, and after a while you deposit your notes and other papers into the appropriate sections. There, I just totally gave you a much lighter backpack, and a couple less insults/jeers that could be made at you during your wonderful school day. Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home